When a book stand the test of time and not become obsolete quickly, which is often known as a book evergreen. The Complete Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn is like a book ( ISBN: 0-375-75225-0 ) .
Amy Dacyczyn began publishing a newsletter from 1990-1996 entitled " Frugal Gazette ." I remember being subscribed to this newsletter during the time I was in debt. I always look forward read the full newsletter ideas to reduce costs coming through the traditional mail service , then.
I also remember going to the library to borrow books published bulletin ideas compiled in one place . Since then, I decided to buy The Complete Tightwad Gazette (used of course) that collects all publications. 959 This book sells for $ 19.99, but I bought it on Half.com for $ 9.95. It is so full of ideas that I refer to it often .
Amy Daczyczn the book begins with the following introduction :
" A word of warning. Tightwads are unconventional kind . Normal We push the boundaries to make things longer. We reuse things in unusual ways. Experienced constantly find new, less expensive ways you can do just about everything . "
You can find an answer to almost any home repair questions you can find. Here are some ideas that really touched me are:
1 . Replace heater water heater instead of getting a brand new water heater. The storage tank is still running .
Two . Save money on your mortgage
Three . Recipes for homemade dog biscuits
April. How to sell your home yourself and save thousands of dollars in commissions
I was accused of being a cheapskate by friends and family. I smile because I have never read The Complete Tightwad Gazette . If they had , they know that I am far from being a cheapskate .
There is no argument that Dacyczyn Amy and her family found financial security by mastering the art of frugality . She admits to being a compulsive tightwad .
"Over the years, our average income was less than $ 30,000 ( including marine pay my husband and all rights in addition to the irregular freelance income . ) Within seven years, we have saved $ 49,000 , made significant purchases (vehicles, appliances, furniture) of $ 38,000 , and were " full debt free ! This is an annual savings / investment rate of more than $ 12,500 per year, or 43% of gross income.
Oh yeah, did I mention they have six children ! ? ! Wow! I have great respect for his ability to do what he did with his modest income. Met my frugal lifestyle to shame. Amy Dacyczyn is the queen of the dollar stretcher in my mind, and did an incredible job.
It is impossible to be happy and live in a small income , but it is a conscious choice to make . It tightwaddery a lifestyle for you?
For me, I 'm quite a cheapskate be so stingy with my time and money miser described in The Complete Tightwad Gazette . However, I take the ideas that work in my lifestyle and implement .
Certainly make concessions in my life and try to save 20% of my income , which seems pathetic next to the 43% of Amy Dacyczyn seems save . On the other hand , I 'm not ready to make drastic changes in my lifestyle to achieve miserly level .
However, if like most meals at home , or bring food home with me when I'm outside , I was treated to a dinner with friends. It is true that my friends and I always try to find a one- get- one free meal coupon buy , but for me , it makes things more fun . When you find a coupon and pick a day to go, I really hope the experience.
Another example of my efforts to reduce costs, is that my neighbors and I really try not to buy more household tools and gadgets and instead of sharing them with others. I prefer to spend money on something other than the material something!
The message of this excellent book is not a life to skimp if it makes you happy . You decide how you want to be a cheapskate . The spectrum is very broad and it is up to you to balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment